Abdjul Tirtawaty, Ritin Uloli, Citron Payu


The present study aimed at investigating the influence of M-learning based Ryleac learning model in dynamic electricity topic towards XII class students’ character in SMA 1 state senior high school in Gorontalo. This pre-experimental research employed one-shot case study and quantitative approaches in elaborating the aforementioned learning model’s impact towards the students’ character. The results showed that the percentage of students’ character (comprising honesty, discipline, hard work, and self-reliance) was as follows: 54.05% of the students arrived at very good category, 21.43% were at good category, 15.47% were at moderate category, and 9.05% were at bad category. Meanwhile, no single student showed very bad character. In other words, 75.48% of the students in XII5, XII6, and XII7 class were at very good and good category, while the rest 24.52% were at moderate and bad category. The numbers indicate that the aforementioned learning model was impactful to the students’ character.

Article visualizations:

Hit counter


Ryleac learning model, m-learning, students’ character

Full Text:



Abdjul, Mursalin, Nusantari, Pomalato (2019). The Development of Inquiry by Learning Cycle (Ryleac) Model on Electricity and Magnetic Concept to Increase Science Process Skill and the Academic Achievement of Students. European Journal of Education Studies, 6(4), 414-432.

Acedo, C. (2014). Mobile Learning for Literacy, Teacher Training and Curriculum Development. Rospects, 44(1), 1–4.

Ally, Muhamed (2009). Mobile Learning: Transforming the Delivery of Education and Training. Quebec: AU Press.

Arikunto, S. (2013). Prosedur Penelitian [Research Procedure]. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.

Arikunto, Suharsimi (2010). Prosedur Penelitian Suatu Pendekatan Praktik [Research Procedure A Practical Approach]. Jakarta: Rhineka cipta.

Damayanti, D. (2014). Panduan Implementasi Pendidikan Karakter di Sekolah [Guidelines for the Implementation of Character Education in Schools]. Yogyakarta: Araska.

Darmawan, Deni (2016). Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif [Quantitative Research Methods]. Bandung: PT Remaja Rosdakarya.

Darmawan (2012). Teknologi Pembelajaran [Learning Technologies]. Bandung: Remaja Rosdakarya.

Jauhar, M. (2011). Implementasi PAIKEM dari Behavioristik sampai Konstruktivistik [PAIKEM implementation from Behavioristic to Constructivistic]. Jakarta: Prestasi Pustakaraya.

Rikunto, Suharsimi. Prosedur Penelitian Suatu Pendekatan Praktik [Research Procedure A Practical Approach]. Jakarta: Rhineka Cipta, 2010

Sinaga, G., E. (2014). Pengembangan Kombinasi Model Pembelajaran Berbasis Masalah dan Inkuiri Terbimbing pada Pembelajaran Kimia Larutan di SMA Kelas XI untuk Meningkatkan Hasil Belajar Kimia dan Karakter Siswa [Development of a Combination of Problem-Based Learning Models and Guided Inquiry on Solvent Chemistry Learning in Class XI Senior High School to Improve Student Learning Outcomes and Characteristics]. PhD Thesis. State University of Medan.

Sugiyono (2013). Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif, Kualitatif dan R&D [Quantitative Research Methods, Qualitative and R & D]. Bandung: Alfabeta.

Walat, W. (2010). Conception of Media Education. Journal of Technology and Information Education, 2(1), 29-32.

Wibawanto, W. (2017). Desain dan Pemrograman Multimedia Pembelajaran Interaktif. Jember: Penerbit Cerdas Ulet Kreatif.

Wulandari, Dania A., Murnomo, A., Wibawanto, H., Suryanto, Agus (2019). Pengembangan Mobile Learning Berbasis Android Pada Mata Pelajaran Rekayasa Perangkat Lunak Di SMK Sultan Trenggono Kota Semarang [Development of Android-Based Mobile Learning in Software Engineering Subjects at Sultan Trenggono High School, Semarang City]. Jurnal Teknologi Informasi dan Ilmu Komputer (JTIIK), 6(5), 577-584.



  • There are currently no refbacks.

Copyright (c) 2020 Abdjul Tirtawaty, Ritin Uloli, Citron Payu

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

Copyright © 2015-2023. European Journal of Education Studies (ISSN 2501 - 1111) is a registered trademark of Open Access Publishing Group. All rights reserved.

This journal is a serial publication uniquely identified by an International Standard Serial Number (ISSN) serial number certificate issued by Romanian National Library (Biblioteca Nationala a Romaniei). All the research works are uniquely identified by a CrossRef DOI digital object identifier supplied by indexing and repository platforms. All authors who send their manuscripts to this journal and whose articles are published on this journal retain full copyright of their articles. All the research works published on this journal are meeting the Open Access Publishing requirements and can be freely accessed, shared, modified, distributed and used in educational, commercial and non-commercial purposes under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0).